This course is the assessment component of the Hill & Moorland award and is approved by Mountain Training UK.
- Assessment by approved assessors
- All safety and technical equipment and maps
Great For - Ramblers, Countryside Rangers, Tourist Guides, Youth Workers, Duke of Edinburgh Award supervisors, Teachers, Club Leaders, Game Keepers and Stalkers.
Course Aims - To assess good Leader qualities on uncomplicated, readily accessible, and non-mountainous terrain.
This course is also available privately. Please contact us for more information.
Carbon Conservation - Give Something Back
Support the C-N-Do Scotland Carbon Conservation project and contribute to the reduction of the CO2 and Carbon released from your day to day travel by improving the natural Carbon reservoirs of Scotland.
Start time at C-N-Do office: 08:30
Finish time at C-N-Do office: 17:00-21:00
Assessment Duration: 3 days
- Be registered for the Hill & Moorland Leader Award scheme
- Have attended a Hill & Moorland, Walking Group Leader or Mountain Leader training course, or gained an exemption
- Have logged a minimum of 40 quality hill days as defined in the HML handbook as an individual or with equals
- Have completed any home papers issued before the course
- Attend and meet the required standard on an approved HML assessment course (16 hours minimum)
Sorry, there is currently no video available for this activity.
Maps of the area & background reading
To get the most from your C-N-Do Scotland activity you may wish to do some background reading prior to departure.
All maps required for the course will be supplied
Books which you may find informative are:
- Mountain Navigation - Peter Cliff
- Mountain Weather: A Practical Guide for Hillwalkers and Climbers in the British Isles - David E. Pedgley
- Weather for Hillwalkers and Climbers - Malcolm Thomas
- Leading and Managing Groups in the Outdoors - Ken C. Ogilvie
Maps which you may find informative are:
- Stirling and Ochil Hills West: Alloa and Dunblane Sheet 366 - OS Explorer 1:25,000
- Campsie Fells: Kilsyth, Strathblane and Fintry Sheet 348 - OS Explorer 1:25,000
No Scheduled Dates Remaining
Looks like our scheduled dates for this activity are finished for this year. You can still book this activity privately for yourself or a small group, just use our enquiry form and provide us with your requirements.
- Grade: -
- Price: From £220pp (group)
- Instructional Days: 3 days
- Group per instructor: 4
- Meet: C-N-Do Office, Stirling
- Finish: C-N-Do Office, Stirling